Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 1

Do most blogs begin this way? Day 1? I have never blogged and don't really read them too often.  But today is SO special I want to catch every detail!  So that when I reach this HUGE goal I have set for myself I can look back and see where it all began.

Yesterday-Sunday. I began reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.  Most of it is all stuff I had heard before.  Most of it on Oprah when Suze Ormann is on.  About debt snowballing, make sure to build up savings and so forth.  But as  I was reading yesterday Dave Ramsey says we can live without Credit Cards or their debt.  WHAT!?!?!?!?  He even mentions that we don't really need a FICO score (not on his plan anyway) unless we are going to purchase a house. This goes against every single thing I was ever taught.  Who are we if not our FICO score?  It's our report card on life.... isn't it? 

Well, this morning I began organizing all of my paperwork.  My office has been in shambles for so long and all the bills are piled together on top of a half-empty file cabinet. Before I begin even one single baby step in his process to financial fitness I have to organize my file cabinet.  It will be done before the days end.  At that point I can officially begin my first step to my financial makeover. 

Oh, wait!  I almost forgot.  I have to do a budget for next month.  Okay and then I can officially begin my first baby step.  Since the hubby will be doing this budget with me it might take a few more days than I would like.  I know he is dreading it greatly.  But then again so am I. We are behind on some bills, this month I even put off paying the mortgage so that we could fix his car, get my car registered, and have enough money for his birthday weekend. I know, I know!  IT'S SO WRONG! and trust me it's NOT the way I want to live at all.  But I gotta start somewhere right? And honestly.  As ugly as it feels to have all this debt. Owe friends and family money and have no money in savings at all. I know that it would feel worse to not do anything about it and lose the house, cars, friends and family because I just couldn't get it together. 

So this is my quest for a  Total Money Makeover.  I want to become the financial HOTTIE I know I can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment